For a log, please do the following:
- Begin by writing what pages you have read.
- Give a brief summary.
- Share a quotation that appealed to you.
- Explain why the quotation appealed to you.
- Begin by writing the number of pages you read.
- Make text to self, text, or world connection.
- Share your thoughts, reactions, or questions you had about the reading.
And for those of you who like a question, I'm starting you with this one to consider. The first chapter in House of the Scorpion is titled, "In the Beginning." This should remind you of another famous book, the Bible. Nancy Farmer is too good a writer to have selected the title for the first chapter without a good reason. Why do you think she used the title?
So many of you are finishing the book already. I think it would be a mistake for me to hold you back and continue to expect you to write responses about a book you have finished. After Spring Break I will share new activities for you to work on. And if you finish reading over Spring Break you will join that group. Read til your heart is content. I'm thinking about loteria cards, pinterest pages and mixed tapes as responses to The House of the Scorpion.